We all know that certain tunes can trigger vivid memories that seem to transport us back in time to those moments. Those songs we hear and love become woven into a neural tapestry entwined with the people, seasons, and locations throughout our lifespan. What songs bring back emotional memories from your past?
In the future, I hope to hear a throwback song on the radio and instantly be brought back to the summer of 2018, my summer of “YES”. I’ve curated a dynamic playlist that I will be adding to throughout the summer and I anticipate it will become heavily associated with beach drives, lake days, and more.
The Playlist – Middle Mya’s Summer
I hope you spend time exploring this playlist, but if you don’t have the time nor the patience to delve in, I’ll just take some time now to highlight some of my favourites.
- Floating – Alina Baraz ft. Khalid
- After thoroughly enjoying their last year collaboration, Electric, I was excited to find this one. This is a windows down drive, tanning, dating song. I can’t wait to find out which memory I’ll associate this with – because I’ve been, and will be listening to it lots!
- Movin’ Up – Quality Control, Lil Yatchy, Ty Dolla $ign
- Not my normal type of song, but they do a fabulous job together. I honestly can’t explain my enjoyment for this song, maybe its the inspirational element of “movin’ up” but I hope you’ll like it.
- Just Friends – Hayden James
Please, DM me, email me, or send me a smoke signal, to share your favourite summer songs or playlists with me! I love exploring all genres of music and want my ears to experience as much as they can before my poor habit of blaring music takes my hearing.